1. General information
2. What personal data do we collect?
3. Non-personal data
4. For what purposes do we use your personal data?
5. Disclosure of your personal data
6. Retention of your personal data
8. Third-party links
9. EU residents
10. Your rights
1. General information
1.2 About SurviveLDR. SurviveLDR is an online magazine providing information, advice, tips and ways on how to manage long distance relationships.
1.3 Data controller. SurviveLDR is owned and operated by Tribe Marketing Pte. Ltd. having a registered place of business at 68 Circular Road, #02-01, 049422, Singapore (“we”, “us”, and “our”). We act as a data controller with regard to your personal data and, unless stated otherwise in the applicable law, we are accountable for the processing of your personal data.
1.4 Applicable laws. We process your personal data in accordance with the applicable privacy laws, including, but not limited to, the Personal Data Protection Act of Singapore and the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- If we are required by law to do so;
1.7 Age restrictions. SurviveLDR is not marketed and should not be used by anyone younger than 18 years old. Thus, we do not knowingly collect personal data from persons under the age of 18. If you learn that anyone younger than 18 has unlawfully provided us with personal data and you are a parent or legal guardian of that person, please contact us and we will take immediate steps to delete such personal data.
- “Consent” means a freely given, specific, informed and unambiguous agreement to the processing of personal data;
- “Data controller” means the entity that determines the purposes and means of the processing of personal data;
- “Data processor” means a natural or legal person, public authority, agency or other body which processes personal data on behalf of the data controller;
- “Personal data” means any information relating to a natural person who can be identified, directly or indirectly, by using such information (e.g., name, address, email, phone number, and IP address); and
- “Processing” means the use of personal data in any manner, including, but not limited to, collection, storage, erasure, transfer, and disclosure of personal data.
2. What personal data do we collect?2.1 Types of personal data. We comply with data minimization principles and collect only a minimal amount of personal data that is strictly necessary to ensure your use of SurviveLDR:
- When you submit a comment under any article available on SurviveLDR, we collect your (i) name, (ii) email, (iii) website address, and (iv) any information you decide to provide us in your comment.
- When you participate in the quiz available on SurviveLDR, we collect your (i) email address and (ii) partner preference.
- When you sign up for a counseling session, we collect your (i) name, (ii) gender, (iii) age, (iv) country, (v) email, and (vi) any information you decide to provide us in your message.
- When you make a purchase on SurviveLDR, we collect your (i) first name, (ii) last name, (iii) delivery address, (iv) phone number, and (v) payment details.
- When you contact us by email, we collect your (i) name, (ii) email address, and (iii) any information you decide to provide us in your message.
- When you contact us by using the contact form, we collect your (i) name, (ii) email, (iii) phone, and (iv) any information you decide to provide us in your message.
- When you subscribe for a newsletter, we collect your email address.
- When you use SurviveLDR, we may collect your IP address.
2.2 Comments. You can submit comments under the articles available on SurviveLDR, such as text messages and links. Please note that any information, including your personal data, which you submit through your comments, will become publicly available. Therefore, we encourage you to exercise your due diligence before disclosing your personal data through SurviveLDR. By using SurviveLDR, you are solely responsible for your interactions with other users of SurviveLDR and any information you disclose through your comments. Please note that you are not allowed to make publicly available personal data of persons who have not provided you with their prior authorization or consent to share that personal data through your comments. For example, you should not publish a name or contact details of a person who has not allowed you to do so.
2.3 Additional information. We may receive certain additional data if you participate in a quiz, focus group, contest, activity or event, request support, interact with our social media accounts or otherwise communicate with us. Please note that the provision of such data is optional and you may choose what personal data you would like to share with us.
2.4 Sensitive Data. When you participate in the quiz available on SurviveLDR, we may collect information about your sexual orientation or your partner preference, which falls within the scope of special categories of personal data (the “sensitive data”). Such information is necessary to perform a contract with you, i.e., to ensure that we provide you with accurate quiz outcomes. If you decide not to provide such information, we will not be able to deliver you quiz results.
2.6 Failure to provide personal data. If you fail to provide us with your personal data when requested, we may not be able to perform the requested operation and you may not be able to use the full functionality of SurviveLDR, receive your orders or get our response.
3. Non-personal data3.1 Types of non-personal data. While you are browsing on SurviveLDR, we may automatically collect certain technical non-personal data about your use of SurviveLDR. Such non-personal data does not allow us to identify you in any manner and it is not considered to be personal data. The non-personal data collected by us includes information about:
- The buttons you click while using SurviveLDR;
- The features of SurviveLDR that you choose to use;
- The parts of SurviveLDR that you use during one session;
- Device attributes (operating system, hardware and software versions, platform, screen size, etc.);
- The country in which you reside; and
- Your other online behavior data.
- To analyze what kind of users visit SurviveLDR and use our services;
- To identify the channels through which SurviveLDR is accessed and used;
- To examine the relevance, popularity, and engagement rate of the content available on SurviveLDR;
- To investigate and help prevent security issues and abuse; and
- To develop and provide search, learning, and productivity tools and additional features to.
3.3 Aggregated data. In case your non-personal data is combined with certain elements of your personal data in a way that allows us to identify you, we will handle such aggregated data as personal data. If your personal data is aggregated or de-identified in a way that it can no longer be associated with an identified or identifiable natural person, it will not be considered personal data and we may use it for any business purpose.
4. For what purposes do we use your personal data?
|Personal data||Purpose||Legal basis|
|When you submit a comment on SurviveLDR:
|When you participate in a quiz:
|When you sign up for a counseling session:
|When you make purchases:
|When you contact us by email:
|When you contact us by using the contact form:
|When you subscribe for a newsletter:
|When you use SurviveLDR:
5. Disclosure of your personal data
5.1 Do we disclose your personal data? In some circumstances, where strictly necessary for legitimate purposes, we may share your personal data with third-party service providers (data processors) that are mentioned in this Section 5. Such third parties can be entities that provide certain technical support services to us, such as web analytics, data processing, advertising, email distribution, and developing services. Please note that we will disclose your personal data only if it is strictly necessary for ensuring your proper use of SurviveLDR. We do not transfer your personal data to third parties that are not our service providers and we do not sell your personal data to third parties.
5.2 When do we share personal data? The disclosure of your personal data is limited to the situations when such data is required for the following purposes:
- Ensuring the operation of SurviveLDR;
- Ensuring the delivery of the services requested by you;
- Providing you with the requested information;
- Pursuing our legitimate business interests;
- Enforcing our rights, preventing fraud, and security purposes;
- Performing our contractual obligations;
- Law enforcement purposes; or
- If you provide your prior consent to such a disclosure.
- Our hosting service provider VPX Hosting;
- Our developing partner Shopify and independent developers;
- Our web analytics service providers Clicky and Hotjar;
- Our marketing automation service provider Drip;
- Our quiz building service provider Thrive Quiz Builder;
- Our survey service provider SurveyMonkey;
- Our e-commerce service provider Shopify;
- Our payment processing service providers PayPal and Shopify; and
- Our advertising partners Facebook Pixel and Google AdSense.
5.4 Legal requests. If necessary, we will respond to lawful requests from public authorities to disclose information about the users of SurviveLDR to the extent necessary for pursuing a public interest objective, such as national security or law enforcement.
6. Retention of your personal data
6.2 Retention as required by law. In some cases, we may be obliged by law to store your personal data for certain period of time. For example, we may need to keep the details about your payments in order to maintain our accountancy records. In such cases, we will store your personal data for the time period stipulated by the applicable law and delete the personal data as soon as the required retention period expires.
7.1 Our security measures. To protect your personal data, we employ appropriate organizational and technical information security measures, such as secured networks, limited access by our staff to your data, and other industry-standard technologies. In order to ensure the security of your personal data, we kindly ask you to use SurviveLDR through a secure network only.
7.2 Security breaches. Although we put our best efforts to protect your personal data, given the nature of communications and information processing technology and the Internet, we cannot be liable for any unlawful destruction, loss, use, copying, modification, leakage, and falsification of your personal data caused by circumstances that are beyond our reasonable control. In case a data breach occurs, we will inform our local data protection authority, namely, Singapore Personal Data Protection Commission, without undue delay and immediately take reasonable measures to mitigate the breach, as required by the applicable law. Our liability for any security breaches will be limited to the highest extent permitted by the applicable law.
8. Third-party links
8.1 SurviveLDR may contain links to other websites (e.g., social media providers). We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of those websites. You will need to check the privacy policies of those websites to understand how they process your personal data. If you access a third-party website, you may be requested to disclose your personal data. It is the your responsibility to keep such data private and confidential.
9. EU residents
10. Your rights10.1 What rights do you have? Subject to any exemptions provided by law, you may ask us to:
- Get a copy of your personal data that we store;
- Get a list of purposes for which your personal data is processed;
- Rectify inaccurate personal data;
- Move your personal data to another processor;
- Delete your personal data from our systems;
- Object and restrict processing of your personal data;
- Withdraw your consent; or
- Process your complaint regarding your personal data.
10.2 How to exercise your rights? If you would like to exercise your rights listed above, please contact us by email at email@example.com and explain in detail your request. In order verify the legitimacy of your request, we may ask you to provide us with an identifying piece of information, so that we would be able to identify you in our system. We will answer your request within a reasonable timeframe but no later than 2 weeks.
10.3 How to launch a complaint? If you are not satisfied with the way in which we handle your personal data, we kindly ask you to contact us first and express your concerns. After you contact us, we will investigate your complaint and provide you with our response as soon as possible. If you are not satisfied with the outcome of your complaint, you have the right to lodge a complaint with your local data protection authority.
11.2 What is a cookie? A cookie is a small piece of data, typically consisting of letters and numbers. When you visit a website, the website may send a cookie to your browser. Subsequently, the browser may store the cookie on your computer or mobile device. Cookies are designed to allow the recognition of user’s device and collection of certain information about the use of a website. Thus, over time, cookies allow websites to “remember” your actions and preferences. There are two types of cookies, namely, (i) persistent cookies, which remain valid until their expiration date, unless deleted by the user before that date, and (ii) session cookies that are stored on a web browser and remain valid until the moment the browser is closed. Cookies may also be (i) first-party cookies (set by the website itself) and (ii) third-party cookies (placed by third-party websites).
- To identify you as a unique user while you are browsing on SurviveLDR;
- To verify your details while you are browsing on SurviveLDR;
- To enable certain functionalities of SurviveLDR;
- To customize and personalize SurviveLDR for you;
- To remember your custom preferences;
- To ensure the security of SurviveLDR; and
- To generate information and reports about your use of SurviveLDR.
11.4 What cookies do we use? The table below provides an overview of the cookies used by us, including their purposes and expiration time.
|CATEGORY: Necessary Cookies|
|__cfduid||First-party technical cookie||1 year||Speeds-up page load times and applies security settings based on your IP address. It is used by the content network Cloudflare to identify trusted web traffic.|
|https://q.stripe.com/||Third-party (stripe.com) pixel cookie||End of session||Helps to make credit card transactions on SurviveLDR. The service is provided by Stripe.com which allows online transactions without storing any credit card information.|
|JSESSIONID||First-party HTTP cookie||End of session||Preserves users states across page requests.|
|m||First-party HTTP cookie||10 years||Determines the device used to access SurviveLDR. This allows the website to be formatted accordingly.|
|nsr||Third-party (stripe.com) HTTP cookie||End of session||Helps to make credit card transactions. The service is provided by Stripe.com which allows online transactions without storing any credit card information.|
|cf_ob_info||First-party technical cookie||1 day||Displays a notice in case SurviveLDR is temporarily inaccessible.|
|cf_use_ob||First-party functionality cookie||End of session||Secures SurviveLDR.|
|X-PP-SILOVER||Third-party (paypal.com) functionality cookie||End of session||Supports payment services.|
|_drip_client_||First-party technical cookie||2 years||Helps SurviveLDR to load faster and to remember previous actions when browsing a page again during the same session.|
|CATEGORY: Statistics Cookies|
|_gat||Third-party (Google) HTTP cookie||1 day||Used by Google Analytics to throttle request rate.|
|_jsuid||Third-party (Clicky) HTTP cookie||10 years||Identifies new visitors of SurviveLDR.|
|cluid||Third-party (in.getclicky.com) HTTP cookie||20 years||Registers statistical data on visitors' behaviour on SurviveLDR. Used for internal analytics.|
|collect||Third-party (google-analytics.com) Pixel cookie||End of session||Used to send data to Google Analytics about your device and behavior. Tracks you across devices and marketing channels.|
|CATEGORY: Marketing Cookies|
|__atuvc||First-party HTTP cookie||13 months||Enables you to share content available on SurviveLDR with your social networking platforms. It also stores an updated page share count.|
|__atuvs||First-party HTTP cookie||1 day||Enables you to share content available on SurviveLDR with your social networking platforms.|
|__stripe_mid||Third-party (anchor.fm) HTTP cookie||1 year||Helps to make credit card transactions. The service is provided by Stripe.com which allows online transactions without storing any credit card information.|
|__stripe_sid||Third-party (anchor.fm) HTTP cookie||1 day||Helps to make credit card transactions. The service is provided by Stripe.com which allows online transactions without storing any credit card information.|
|_at.cww||First-party persistent HTML cookie||-||Used by the social sharing platform AddThis.|
|_first_pageview||First-party HTTP cookie||1 day||Makes the tracking more efficient for us – the cookie sets cookies or trackers to only run on the initial page of SurviveLDR.|
|_ga||Third-party (anchor.fm) HTTP cookie||2 years||Registers a unique ID that is used to generate statistical data on how you use SurviveLDR.|
|_gid||Third-party (anchor.fm) HTTP cookie||1 day||Registers a unique ID that is used to generate statistical data on how you use SurviveLDR.|
|_hjIncludedInSample||First-party HTTP cookie||End of session||Uniquely identifies users of SurviveLDR.|
|At-rand||First-party persistent HTML cookie||-||Used by the social sharing platform AddThis.|
|cookies.js||Third-party (anchor.fm) HTTP cookie||End of session||Determines whether you have accepted the cookie consent box. This ensures that the cookie consent box will not be presented again upon re-entry.|
|ep201||Third-party (wufoo.com) HTTP cookie||1 day||Saves your states across page requests when completing a web-based survey.|
|ep202||Third-party (wufoo.com) HTTP cookie||1 year||Identifies unique users to test experiences and measure survey completion rates.|
|loc||Third-party (addthis.com) HTTP cookie||13 months||Helps us to determine where you are located (state level) when you share information.|
|r/collect||Third-party (doubleclick.net) Pixel cookie||End of session||Sends data to Google Analytics about your device and behavior. It tracks you across devices and marketing channels.|
|tve_leads_unique||First-party HTTP cookie||29 days||Helps to manage mailing lists if you subscribe for a newsletter.|
|uvc||Third-party (addthis.com) HTTP cookie||13 months||Detects how often the social sharing service, AddThis, encounters the same user.|
|xtc||Third-party (addthis.com) HTTP cookie||13 months||Registers your sharing of content via social media.|